A bit of a “get to know you” number here. I was tagged by Mama over at PoopRainbows to answer a few deep and searching questions. I have answered them below.
1. What’s the worst thing you’ve ever done?
How long have you got? Well, there are plenty of stupid things I have done which have had awful consequences, but made me wiser and literally sent me half way around the world where I met my partner and made my two
demanding madams adorable cuddlebums.
2. What’s the worst job you’ve ever had?
It is a toss-up between working in a kitchen where I was treated like an imbecile and paid £2.50 per hour, my old paper round and the worst-suited-to-me-job ever – a receptionist in Mayfair (one of the swankiest districts in London). Put it like this – aged 23, there was very little swanky about me. I would arrive, sweating from my bike ride with wet hair and try to put my make-up on behind the desk before I was seen. I think these days, you might say I have a bit of finesse. Like good old cheese, I have matured well. Ahem.
3. What’s the best trip you’ve taken?
Hmmm. I think, most of them were a really long time ago, sadly. Ecuador, Peru and Bolivia in 2003. I went alone, leaving my then boyfriend to his own devices in the UK after he refused to come with me. I had an absolutely amazing time. Another trip from roughly that time was to Andalucia with a good friend. We met the “Spanish Radiohead” and danced with them all night on the beach after their gig.
4. If you could be any inanimate object, what would you be?
A house. No, a tree, I think. One left alone for many hundreds of years.
5. What’s the best TV series you’ve seen?
Flight of the Conchords? The L word? Depends on the definition of ‘best’ I suppose. I could not get enough of Modern Family when I was pregnant.
6. What’s the weirdest thing you’ve eaten?
I once almost tried a ‘Mexican style’ caterpillar. I am not good with yucky food. Although in South America I did learn how to fish, and we went piranha fishing. We gutted and ate them. For a long time I kept the teeth but now I don’t know where they are. Pirahnas have a lot of guts and strong bones
7. What’s the best date you’ve had?
The first one with my wife, on Koh Chang in Thailand. It was magical – that place is intoxicating, and Mummy AW was so kooky and funny. And beautiful.
8. What do you want to be when you grow up?
Ahhhh… Still something more creative. A singer or an artist on the side.
9. What rules do you often break?
The rules of eating we set for our children e.g. no chocolate. No more cake. etc
10. What white lie have you told recently?
Too many to count along the lines of: “You can’t have any more of that – there is none left,” or; “Mr Doggie is sleeping now, you can’t go to look for him,” or; “Mr Penguin went on holiday – you will see him soon,”. Or maybe “No darling, of course I won’t go into the PoundShop, I’ll come straight home without piles of Bargains! ” (if you are from the USA, we have shops where everything costs 99p, or £1). The force pulling me in is like a black hole. Major difference though, I do come out again, and not crushed into one-dimensional antimatter. So that’s good.
11. What’s the most annoying thing you have seen online?
Everything ever about the current UK government.
So now I am going to tag some lovely mamas and ask them to continue the game (only if you want, like!) so that we can find out a bit more about each other and connect.
and / or anyone else who’d like to join in.
Here are my questions.
- If you were an animal, which would you choose to be and why?
- What would be your dying wish?
- Do you have a thing you’d like to fix about your life, e.g. want to get drawing again, want to get fit?
- Can you recall one (or several) really pivotal events in your life other than the birth of your children?
- Do you prefer to drive or travel by train?
- If you had to choose only one, would it be Oysters, Steak or SomTam (Thai green Papaya salad)?
- If money were no object, what sort of home would you choose? Inner city flat or country house? Any location in particular?
- Bananas or grapes?
- Do you have a favourite film (movie)? (One of my very faves is Spirited Away, in the featured image for this post.)
- Do you have a particular childhood memory that is still very powerful?
- What is your favourite smell?